M3 e-wallet is a safe and secure way to make digital payments across wallets and bank accounts. You can make instant bill payments, do mobile/DTH recharges, gas, insurance, postpaid, group of wallets and much more. You can also link your bank accounts with M3 e-wallet.
By registering with M3 e-wallet, you will get a variety of services, which include:
- Secure cash-free transactions anytime from anywhere
- Securely store all your credit/debit cards and bank accounts for convenient and faster payments
- Make payment to variety of merchants
- Transfer funds to other M3 e-wallet users and to bank accounts
- Pay bills and recharge mobile/DTH using a single app
- Get great offers, deals from your neighborhood stores
Any person aged above 18 years is eligible to hold a M3 e-wallet account.
Your M3 e-wallet account is 100% secure. M3 e-wallet stores your sensitive information on the most secure servers, using world-class security procedures and cutting-edge technologies to ensure that your data is theft-proof. These credentials are not disclosed to anyone when you pay through M3 e-wallet.
We however request you not to share your password details with anyone over the phone, email, SMS or in-person for further safety of your account.
Even if you lose your phone, your money is 100% safe. Nobody can access your M3 e-wallet account, since only you can do so through your password. M3 e-wallet locks your account for your own safety after 3 consecutive incorrect login attempts. If you suspect unauthorized activity in your account, you can also suspend your M3 e-wallet account and block payments by calling our customer service or write to email@example.com
Any customer with a valid mobile number, registered with any telecom operator can sign-up with M3 e-wallet
You can download and install M3 e-wallet app from Google Playstore. Start the app, it will start registration process automatically and follow the simple steps to create your account.
As of now M3 e-wallet offers minimum KYC account. You may load up to Rs 10000 a month and spend up to Rs 10000 a month with this account. Also, you may load a maximum of Rs 1 lac in a financial year. money transfer to another person or bank account is allowed with this account.
There are no charges for using M3 e-wallet.
There is no expiry date for your M3 e-wallet account. Your account is valid till the time your registered mobile number is active.
Each person can hold only one M3 e-wallet account as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations.
You can load money to your M3 e-wallet account through bank account, money transfer from your friend M3 e-wallet account.
You can link your bank account or credit/debit cards by logging into the M3 e-wallet app and clicking “Add card/Bank account” under the Manage Accounts section.
In the unlikely event of a transaction failure, the deducted amount will be refunded back to the source account
No, there is no expiry period for the money in your M3 e-wallet account for now.
You can pay:
- For all utility services payments
- At all M3 e-wallet merchants shop.
- For utility bill payments like post-paid mobile connections, electricity, gas, landline and also insurance premiums.
- For prepaid mobile recharges & DTH connections.
- For charity and insurance premium payment bills.
You will see the success page with transaction details. You will also receive details on your M3 e-wallet app. You can also view your recent transactions in the transaction history section of your app.
Your M3 e-wallet balance will be displayed on the my account balance when you login to your account.
Your M3 e-wallet transaction history will be displayed in the transactions history in the home screen when you login to your account in M3 e-wallet app.
You can update your profile information from the Account Settings on the M3 e-wallet app. For changing information like phone number, address etc., you need to upload relevant documents in M3 e-wallet app.
To get a money transfer account, you need to submit your KYC documents like PAN Card and any address proof ( Aadhar card, ). A valid PAN is mandatory requirement for money transfer agents.
NO, there is no limit on the recharge amount provided that particular recharge value/top up/package is available for the selected operator.
If a transaction is pending, you should wait for some time as our system is automatic and the transaction will be either success or failure. In case the transaction fails, you will automatically get refund of the amount.
In such cases, the amount debited will be refunded back to your account within few mins. Sometimes it can take 2 to 3 business days or a week in some rare cases for the money to transfer from your bank to your bank account. If the money has not been received even after 2 business days, raise a dispute from the M3 e-wallet app. To raise a dispute,
- Open M3 e-wallet app and Go to ‘All Transactions’ from the home screen
- Open the transaction that you want to report
- send report to customer care with details. Our support team will assist you with further steps.
Sending money with M3 e-wallet App is really fast and simple
- Open the M3 e-wallet App on your smart phone.
- Tap on Pay or Send icon.
- Tap on the Mobile Number option.
- Enter the mobile number of the person whom you want to send money to. You can also pick the mobile number from contacts saved on your device by tapping the address book icon next to the mobile number field.
- Enter amount you want to send.
- You can mention the reason for sending money. This field is optional.
- Tap on Send.
- If you have sufficient balance in your M3 e-wallet, money will be successfully sent to the person whose mobile number you entered.
- If you do not have sufficient balance, you will be redirected to the payment details page, where you can add money in your M3 e-wallet and then send money.
- The person whom you have sent money to, will receive an SMS/Email and Push notification (if they have a M3 e-wallet app) informing them that they have received money from you.
Sender can’t do money transfer to unregistered users on M3 e-wallet. If the user is trying to transfer money (P2P) to the unregistered mobile number then the system will not allow performing this transaction, and user (sender) will get an error message (This mobile number is not registered with M3 e-wallet) on the mobile screen.
No, sending money to another person is totally free and the receiver gets the complete amount you have sent.
No, there is no expiry period for the money in your M3 e-wallet account for now.
Please go to Google play store or Apple store, search M3 e-wallet and download it. Once download is complete it will take you to Sign Up page for registration purpose. On completion of registration go to Home Page from where you can initiate transactions like send money, withdraw money, make utility payments, purchases etc.
If you are first time user, to get registered please keep your Aadhar card ready, go to SIGNUP page, select Customer if you are wallet User or select Business if you are in business (this is for corporates and non-profit organisations also).
- For Customer: Fill-in mobile number, name, email id, alternate mobile number (any of your near or dear ones) and Aadhar card details. As per the RBI and Yes Bank rules to complete the registration you need to provide Mobile number, name as per Aadhar Card, Aadhar number, Agree to the declaration and create password. On submission the mobile number will be validated by an OTP and later Aadhar details will be cross verified with UIADI by an OTP. Once the process is complete and accepted, your M3 e-wallet account will be opened for which a notification will be sent by an SMS and Email.
Later you also need to complete information of Nominee (Refer Point no. 4).
Please note that every time when you open the App, it will take you to home page which shows the M3 e-wallet balance.
- For Business: Fill-in the mobile number, PAN details, name as per PAN, Alternate Mobile( Refer Point no.3 below) email and create a password, business name,, Bank details, Address etc. On submission, the mobile number will be validated by an OTP. Once this process is completed the request will be sent to Validation Desk for verification and approval. Normally the approval process is completed within 24 hours of submission. Once the process is complete and validated your M3 e-wallet Business account will be opened for which a notification will be sent by an SMS & Email.
- For Customer: As a Customer or User, you have to register as M3 Customer as an individual user. You cannot change the category once registered as Customer. Under this category providing Aadhar details is must which will be verified with UIDAI.
- For Business: If you are non-Customer (Refer ‘a’ above) for effecting small payments and have requirement of business collection from Customers, you need to register under Business category. Under this category one can set up a Business e-wallet account, where the M3 e-wallet is used for collection of money from business activity as provided in the App. In this section all kinds of business operators including non- profit organisations who collect money can be registered.
A person can open one M3 e-wallet account with the one Mobile number linked with Aadhar card. Accordingly same person cannot open with another M3 e-wallet account with the same Aadhar card number.
You need to give an alternate mobile number, preferably of your near and dear trusted ones – Father, mother, wife, and children etc., as a part of security and safety purpose, mainly to block & unblock the account or forgot of password (OTP will be sent to alternate mobile). Through My profile option you can change the alternate mobile number, who will get suitable notification.
1) You can Send or Transfer money to anyone who has M3 e-wallet account, as per rules. 2) You can Add or Withdraw money from/to your bank account as per rules. 3) Your transfer money from mobile account to your or any bank account by IMPS which gives instant credit to your Bank account as per RBI process. Charges do apply for IMPS transfers.
It is safe and secure as the money in the mobile cash account is safely held by the powering Bank – YES BANK LTD in a pool account.
Business e-wallet holders can receive sales collections in the wallet and transfer to their Bank account under suitable standing instruction and charges do apply (Refer to Annexure -1 of T&C).
M3 Account holder need to nominate a person in the event of account holder’s death, whence the balance amount will be transferred to the Nominee’s account against submission of death certificate, ID proof and an application, to the customer care desk. You may be asked such other documents as may be required before transfer. Nominees are generally near and dear ones – Father, mother, wife and children etc., as a part of simplified process of settlement of account of the deceased. Through My profile option you can change the Nominee, who will get suitable notification.
Customers can click on the SEND MONEY button/Icon on the Home Page, write the payee’s mobile number or select from Contact list, enter the amount and press SUBMIT button. The Sender and beneficiary will receive the notification of transfer on to her/his mobile giving the details of money credited to M3 Account of the Payee. One can also refer the same in transaction history. In case there is failure of the transaction for network related issues, either the transaction will not happen or the debited amount will be reverse to the Payer’s M3 e-wallet account.
While effecting a transaction like loading of money or transfer of funds to a payee, if there is any kind of interruption either on account of failure of connectivity or any other reason the transaction will not be processed and there will be no change in balance. Failure of load money transaction means credit will not happen to your M3 e-wallet balance and in that case you have to check with your bank. In case transaction was interrupted while effecting payment transaction and if the debit has happened the transferor will get back the amount to his credit if the transaction is not through. However we request the transferor to write to the customer care (Help) for early solution along with transaction reference number.
Through M3 e-wallet you can pay the amount for mobile recharge/bill, landline bill, DTH recharge, Electricity bill, Gas bill, Insurance premium, with whom we have arrangement for payment. You click on the UTILITY PAYMENTS button/Icon on the Home Page, select the party to whom you intend to make payment. For the first time payment, you need to enter the consumer number particulars by selecting the party (like DTH operator, Mobile operator, Electricity Supply Company etc.) as required. It is suggested that such payments be made at least 4 days in advance of the due date to reflect the payment in service provider’s account to your credit before due date. Charges do apply. The payer will receive the notification of payment.
In case there is failure of the transaction for network related issues, either the transaction will not happen or the debited amount will be reverse to the Payer’s M3 e-wallet account.
In case any M3 e-wallet account holder wants to make payment to a non M3 payee, in such situation payer is requested to send an invitation link to the non M3 account payee. Such non M3 account person should register himself/herself as M3 e-wallet customer to entitle him to receive amount on to his/her wallet.
: By simple process entry you can pay to anyone who has M3 e-wallet or M3 Business wallet. On Send Money page or Scan & Pay, you can make payment quickly to Milkman, News paperwala, maid servant, Auto/Taxi, Medical shops, Tea shopwla, Restaurant/Hotel, Petty/Kirana merchants, Sabjiwala, TV Cablewala and many more. Just write the mobile number, follow the simple process and enter the amount, and then submit. A message will be received by the parties, the payer and the receiver of money. Note: Please be careful to enter the payee mobile numbers and not landline number.
Click on to Group payment button on the Home Page. By clicking this Group Payment button you will be taken to Group related activity. Here, you can create Groups, add to (from Contact list) or delete members of the group, pay single amount to all members or different amount to different members of the group, with very easy and simple steps. By Group transaction entry you can pay to many people with one click operation who have M3 e-wallet account. Charges do apply.
Through Menu page or Home Page, you click on transactions history for previous 15 transactions. By selecting the transactions view statement, you can view for last 2 months transaction history. You can view the transaction details with various options like only receipts, only payments or all. To view more details of a transaction please click on Transaction reference. For every transaction made, messages are sent to the mobile numbers of Payer and Payee. In case you need transactions history of earlier period a request in writing to be made to the Customer Care section by e-mail.
You can block or unblock M3 e-wallet account through your registered alternate mobile number or by contacting the customer care (who will verify the credentials of caller) or sending an e-mail from registered mail id. Action through Alternate mobile would be the fastest way to block or unblock the M3 account.
You can get transfer of money to your Mobile Cash account through another person who has M3 account.
You go to Menu click on My Profile, open it with password and add or delete your bank details in Beneficiary details page.
You go to Menu click on My Profile, open it with password and edit your details to be changed. The address as provided in Aadhar is taken as address of the account holder. However you cannot change/make corrections in your name or Date of birth or Aadhar number or PAN but do so only by making request to the customer care along with appropriate proof.
You go to Menu click on Security & Settings, and edit the settings.
First time login the system will adopt the language used by Mobile device. However you can you can change it also at any time through settings option given in Menu page. Language choice is limited to few main languages only.
No. Only in Indian Rupees in India.
A small service fee is charged for the services rendered with applicable taxes, except for Add money and transfer money to another wallet. In this connection please refer to Annexure -1 of clause 12(b) of the terms and conditions. However these service charges can be varied by the operator without any notice.
In the menu page please refer to the ‘Contact Us’ and you can reach us for any of your issues relating to M3 e-wallet account. On submission of query, you will get a ticket number and also the time frame for a solution. For escalation, please read the relevant paras – Para 17 & 18 – in the Terms and Conditions.
In case you notice any fraud or any suspicious activities please inform us immediately by all possible means. Additionally you can reach us to our Contact Us page and inform us suitably. We may hand it over to the concerned legal agencies and we do need full cooperation in this regard. One must know that it is important part of the social responsibility and initiate action in this regard.
There is no expiry for M3 e-wallet account once opened except in case of demise of the account holder. The Nominee or Legal Successor has to apply to the customer care department for claiming the M3 e-wallet balance amount, along with documentary proof. However one can optionally close the M3 e-wallet account by making suitable application to the customer care department.